So many of us get the terminology confused. I see this especially in my own language, where we constantly talk about leaders, superiors, managers and bosses as the same thing.
I believe that true leadership is an art. Being a leader requires a lot of you as a person. Some people are natural born leaders, yes. But there is also a lot to be learned about leadership.
You step into the role of a leader and leadership when you:
- Deploy empathy
- Have a vision that you work towards and get others to work towards
- Empower others
- Lift others up
- Lead the way
- Act as you want others to act
- Listen to understand
- Take responsibility and initiative
- Let others try and fail
- Help, guide and mentor others
- Play on people´s strengths
- Understand everyone´s uniqueness
- Help people shine, grow and develop
- Motivate and inspire others
- Have others want to follow you
- Have got your people´s back
- Give others honest praise and constructive criticism
- Deploy unselfishness and leave your ego at the door
What is your take on leadership?